The DM's Minions
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

The Silly magic items competition

3 deltagere

Go down

The Silly magic items competition Empty The Silly magic items competition

Indlæg  Randomnegativity 2009-08-28, 05:19

The task: Reinvent some mundane item with a magical twist.
The means: Your imagination
The explanation: Give a calculation on what your magic item should cost and a little introduction to why this is just what any adventurer would need.

Resources: http://www.d20srd.org/ Here you should be able to find everything you would need, from spells to magic item creation costs.

I'll start:

The Dire Spatula
This fearsome kitchen utensil is perfect for any adventurer who hates being interrupted by random encounters in the middle of cooking a good meal. Originally invented by some clever halfling, this utensil is now common throughout the world amongst any self respecting adventurer cook.

Magically sharpened to a scary degree, the Dire Spatula is able to serve as an intimidating weapon in a pinch and due to its other magical enchantments, a taste enhancer, spare magical wand, I'm-just-gonna-sneak-a-bite alarm and a masterwork cooking utensil (for that delicious +2 competence bonus), to booth.

The Dire spatula:
+1 keen Dire Spatula: Onehanded exotic weapon. dmg: 1d8 slashing dmg. Threat range: 18-20/x2 (keen: 15-20/x2).
Exotic weapon profiency (Dire Spatula) and min. 5 ranks in profession (Cooking) needed to be able to wield the Dire Spatula to its full extent. Threat as a +1 shortsword if you do not meet these requirements.
Spell like Abilities at will (use activated): Continuous prestidigitiation effect (change/add flavor only) (CL 1), Purify food and drink (CL 1), Alarm (Cooking area only, audiable, trigger: Someone beside the owner/user of the spatula eating).
Spell like abilities 3/day: Can create the effects of a goodberry spell (CL 1) with food as a substitue for berrries, Magic missile (CL 1, to smite those who seek to steal your food).

Cost: 10780 gp (Cost to create: 5390 gp + 216 xp, CL 5, Craft Arms and Armor, Craft Wondreous Items, Prestidigitiation, Purify food and drink, Alarm, Goodberry, Magic missile. Creator must have the Exotic weapon profiency (Dire Spatula) and min. 10 ranks in profession (Cooking).)
Randomnegativity
Randomnegativity
---> Storyteller <---
---> Storyteller

Antal indlæg : 763
Geografisk sted : Roskilde

Tilbage til toppen Go down

The Silly magic items competition Empty sorry alex

Indlæg  The Glorius ST 2011-11-01, 14:53

jeg hørte engang om et mega sejt cursed magic item

itemet er et bord med en åbenlyst magisk aura (detect magic er ikke i tvivl) det har flotte dekorationer. og når spillerne finder det er det til dels fyldt ud med stole der står omkring det. hvis man bruger identify, legende lore eller whatnot så finder man at det har en mega nyttig effekt. (det gør at ens spells bliver bedre hvis de bliver forberdt læsende ved det, at ens taktiske evner bliver større eller noget tredje). men i virkeligheden så forvandler det langsomt alle de som ofte sidder ved det til: stole.

det virker som baleful polymorph, blot at man bliver forvandlet til en stol, som står ved bordet indtil nogen fjerner den. de som fjerner stolen tager naturligvis sandsynligvis bordet og begynder cyclen forfra

jeg kan desværre ikke huske om man bliver normal hvis man i "stole-form" bliver fjernet fra bordet.
The Glorius ST
The Glorius ST
---> Storyteller <---
---> Storyteller

Antal indlæg : 778

Tilbage til toppen Go down

The Silly magic items competition Empty Sv: The Silly magic items competition

Indlæg  hennecke 2013-04-11, 07:48

Belt of sexchange
hennecke
hennecke

Antal indlæg : 640